Navacelle is organising a round table on Wednesday 29 March 2023 as part of Paris Arbitration Week 2023, on the following topic “Arbitration and corruption: will the recent French case law harm the position of Paris as preferred arbitral seat?”
A panel composed of Ms. Laura Weiller, Ms Ina Popova and Mr Bernard Hanotiau will discuss the recent case law in this area and its impact on Paris as the preferred arbitral seat. During this panel, different topics will be addressed, such as:
- A comparative law analysis;
- Evidentiary issues (evolution of corruption red flags considered by the Court of Appeal, due process, procedural guarantees, etc.);
- Substantive public policy vs procedural public policy: the risk of instrumentalization of corruption allegations;
- And some suggestions on what to consider going forward.
This event will be held in French and will be followed by a cocktail.
Learn more on corruption and arbitration :
- Jurisdiction and powers of international arbitral tribunals when dealing with allegations of corruption. Read publication
- Addressing corruption allegations in international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration. Read publication
- When arbitration and compliance meet up: analysis of their first interplay. Read publication
- Arbitration and Corruption : What type of control do judges have over arbitration awards ? Read publication
Ina Popova – Partner Debevoise & Plimpton
Bernard Hanotiau – Partner Hanotiau & van den Berg
Laura Weiller – Maître de Conférences HDR – Aix Marseille Université
Stéphane de Navacelle – Managing partner Navacelle (Moderator)