The Criminal Justice Section of the American Bar Association and the Paris Bar Association will hold a conference on Friday 10 June 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. at the Maison du Barreau de Paris on international developments in white collar crime.
Panel 1: A discussion between lead enforcers from the US, the UK, France and the UE
Panelists are enforcers from jurisdictions carrying considerable weight when it comes to addressing cross-border crime. The speakers will provide feedback on how they have been working to address the world’s most pressing issues and what to expect from them.
Moderator: Stéphane de Navacelle (Paris Bar advisor for influence through law)
- German Garavano (Former Minister of Justice and Human Rights for Argentina)
- Jean-François Bohnert (Procureur National Financier)
- Frédéric Baab, European Prosecutor
Panel 2: Living the cybercrime pandemic, from crypto launderers to cyber-attacks: what rules apply & how to fight back
Panelists will provide practitioners’ insights into what criminal and procedural laws apply, those which are effective and new practices which lie ahead.
Moderator: Jonathan Mattout – Herbert Smith Freehills LLP (France)
- Alice Chérif – DNRED French Customs Intelligence and Fraud Unit General Counsel (France)
- Sujit Raman – General Counsel, TRM Labs, Washington, DC
- Meg Strickler – Conaway & Strickler, PC (US)
Panel 3: Cross-border Corporate internal investigations: the age of reason
Panelists will address most recent trends in cross-border corporate internal investigations, reflect on contrasting practices and requirements as well provide ideas as to what to expect in the next few years.
Moderator: Yousr Khalil – FRA (France)
- Jodi Avergun – Cadwalader (US)
- Saverio Lembo – Bar & Karrer (Switzerland)
- Scott Marrah – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP (US)
- Tobias Eggers – Park (Germany)
Keynote: Marie-Laure Denis – French Data Agency / CNIL President (France)
Panel 4: Business and human rights after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
Panelists will assess legislation which was passed in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, assess its effectiveness and provide practical advice on how to comply with constantly evolving rules and what to do if you have crossed a line.
Moderator: Alexis Werl – Eversheds-sutherland (France)
- Ophélia Claude – Antonin Lévy & Associés (France)
- Luke Cass – Womble Bond Dickerson (US)
- Nicola Pietrantoni – Studio Legal Isolabella (Italy)